Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Merry Christmas, and Happy Valentine’s Day

This year, Logan and I decided that our Christmas present to each other would be for us to spend a weekend in a hotel, just relaxing together, and enjoying a day at the Spa there.  (Logan became an official fan of massages since his first one on our honeymoon.)  The weekend that we decided to do all of this ended up being Valentine’s weekend, and it was so much fun. 

We chose to stay at the Stoneleigh, which we absolutely love.  The building is beautiful, the hotel is historic, the rooms are amazing, and it has special meaning to us since it’s where we stayed on our first night as a married couple. 

After we checked in to the Stoneleigh, we grabbed a drink at the bar. 
2.  Stoneleigh Lorin and Logan 
The chandeliers are beautiful at this place!  Apparently they are all the original fixtures.  The hotel was built in 1923, so they are pretty special. 
1.  Stoneleigh Chandeliers
We stayed in one of the Studio Suites, which was beautiful.  The room is divided by the TV, which swivels to either face the bed, or the seating area. 
3.  Stoneleigh Suite4.  Stoneleigh Suite
The bathroom.  I love the paint color.  (Pretty much I love everything about this hotel!)
 5.  Stoneleigh Bathroom
We walked around the top floor of the hotel so I could show Logan where I took my bridal portraits.  Here’s another lovely chandelier. 
2.  Stoneleigh Chandelier
My favorite chandelier:
1.  Stoneleigh Chandelier
Sunday night, we ate dinner at Nick and Sam’s Steakhouse, which is right across the street from the Stoneleigh.  This was the best picture I was able to get of the hotel from Nick and Sam’s.  7.  Stoneleigh Hotel     
After dinner, at Nick and Sam’s.  6.  Valentine's Dinner 2011 at Nick and Sam's
We also had an 80 minute couple’s deep tissue massage.  SO good.  Afterwards, I got to spend some time in the hydro-tub in the women’s “relaxation area” (aka the locker room).  You could add bath salts, which smelled amazing, and I was able to enjoy a glass of champagne while relaxing.  After the hydro-tub, I cleaned up in the most amazing shower I’ve ever seen.  The shower head was probably 2 feet wide, and there were shower jets all along the sides of the shower.  I already take long showers, but if I had one of these in my house, I think I’d never leave. 

I also surprised Logan with an 8 inch version of his groom’s cake!  Logan was so disappointed that he never got a slice of his groom’s cake at our wedding, so I called Elena up and had her make us a miniature version.  It was just as good as the original.  (Love that lady and her cakes!)  And yes – weight watchers took a back seat this weekend for me.  I don’t think I’ve ever had so much cake in one weekend.  It was worth every calorie!   I didn’t get a picture of the cake because we dived in to it so quickly.  :) 

We had so much fun during our mini-vacation!  I highly recommend the Stoneleigh.  We can’t wait to do it again!   

No comments: