Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, December 31, 2012

New Camera Lens

So I've really been loving my new camera!  For those who care about the specifics, it came with an 18-55mm zoom lens which is okay, but the aperture isn't very wide on it (3.5 at the widest), and I really like using all the natural light I can and shooting with it wide open.  When I bought the camera I also bought a 50mm prime lens with an aperture of 1.8.  I love that lens!  It takes super sharp pictures and lets in tons of light.  The only problem was I could never step back far enough away from my "subject" (Knox) to get everything I wanted in the shot.  He was always following me.  :)  So, I did some more research and just got a 35mm 1.8 lens, and I think this one will rarely come off my camera.  It lets in lots of light like the 50mm, but I can be closer to Knox and still get the shot I want.  All that to say, I'm really loving this lens!  Obviously, I take lots of "practice shots" for fun... these were when he had just woken up from his first nap. 







No comments: