Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Time to move to your big boy crib, Knox…

Knox and I have always taken his first nap together.  (I’m not a morning person anyway, but 6 months of getting up in the middle of the night to feed a baby and then starting the day at 6 a.m. every morning means I’m pretty much always tired, and am happy to nap with him!)  Anyway, in the middle of our nap on May 21, 2012, Knox rolled around all over the place until he finally got comfortable on his tummy.  Not gonna lie – I was pretty nervous about it.  They really drill it into your head that “Back is Best”, and that you should always put your baby to sleep on their backs.  But apparently once they are strong enough to position themselves the way they are most comfortable, you can let them sleep however they want.  Here he is during that nap, sleeping on his tummy for the first time.  1.  First time sleeping on tummy So, since he wanted to sleep on his tummy, we knew it was time to officially move him out of our bedroom and into his real crib in his own room.  I know what you’re thinking.  “Your baby is 6 months old and still sleeping in your room??”  My plan from the beginning had always been to move him up to his room once he started sleeping through the night.  For what seemed like an eternity, he was nursing every 2 to 3 hours (if we were lucky to get that long of a stretch), and I was exhausted.  I didn’t want to have to walk all the way upstairs and across the house several times each night to feed him.  It just made more sense to leave him in his bassinet next to our bed.  Even though he’s sleeping for much longer stretches at night now, it still doesn’t really look like he’s going to be sleeping completely through any time soon, and now that he’s wanting to sleep on his tummy, I’d feel safer with him doing that on the super firm crib mattress we bought.  So, on May 22, 2012, we moved Knox up to his room!  Fortunately it’s gone well so far, and he hasn’t put up a fight about it.  He’s still waking up the same number of times to eat at night, and he still goes back to sleep easily once he’s finished eating.  I do miss having him right next to me, but it’s actually been nice to be able to watch TV in bed at night again.  Plus we’ve got the video baby monitor so I can still see him.  Anyway, I realized I’d never posted finished pictures of his nursery, so here they are.

View as you enter his room.
2.  Overall Dresser/changing table.
3.  Changing table and dresser His name letters.
4.  Knox's letters His crib.  (My mom sewed the bedding, which I LOVE!  She did such a great job.)
5.  Crib 7.  Crib up close Knox’s view from the crib.
8.  View from crib 9.  Bookshelf
We’ve rocked miles and miles in that chair.  And I love it.  :)
11.  Rocking corner

No comments: