Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

We're Engaged!!!

It's official! On Monday morning, Logan surprised me (seriously!) with the most beautiful ring I've ever seen! Since we've all known this was coming soon, he wasn't sure how he was going to actually catch me off guard and surprise me. His idea was that since I'd worked the day before, he'd come wake me up early the next morning, which under normal circumstances would annoy me, and then he'd propose. Well, for the first time in my life I woke up in a good mood! (I know - who would have thought it was possible, right?) At about 7:15 he came in, woke me up and started talking to me. I was in a surprisingly pleasant mood, so he went into the other room and waited about 30 minutes for me to doze back off so he could try again. Once again, he started up a conversation, and I chatted right back. Unsure why I wasn't my usual gloom-and-doom morning self, he left again for about 30 more minutes, and I went back to sleep. Finally, about 8:15 he actually got in the bed with me and didn't say anything. I woke up and turned over to look at him and he had this big goofy grin on his face. He then pulled the ring out from under the covers, to which I immediately woke right up and asked "What are you doing with that???" He said really sweet things, told me he loved me, and asked me to marry him! I have to admit, he really did surprise me. I NEVER thought I'd be proposed to when I had morning breath! (Hey, the guy really must love me.)

Knowing how much I love flowers, he had some waiting in the dining room. The whole condo smells SO good right now.

Next, he said he wanted just the two of us to go to brunch. Thinking it really was just the two of us, I took my sweet time getting ready. He caught me several times getting distracted by the GORGEOUS rock on my finger and had to re-direct me back into the getting ready mode. We went to our favorite mexican restaurant, Cyclone Anaya's, and when I walked in, I saw all of our family there waiting to celebrate with us! My parents, Ross and Jessica, Mr. and Mrs. Lowry and Leah, and Mamaw and Papaw were all able to come. (Lacie and Lyndsie were out of town.) We had the best time, and great food! Our favorite waitor Raphael did a fantastic job too - as always. And of course, I loved showing off the new bling. :)
When Logan took my parents to dinner to ask their blessing, my dad had the idea of taking a picture of Logan "begging" him to let him marry his daughter. My parents framed it and gave it to us at the engagement lunch. As you can clearly see, my dad was loving this. :)
After lunch we went over to our friends Chris and Leslie Thomas's house to visit with them and see baby Taite - who is precious. Next, we went to a Memorial Day pool party at Jason and Laura Seymore's house. All the girls and I talked wedding stuff (love it!) while the boys played basketball in the pool. It ended up turning into a "who can make a basket from over the roof" game, but boys will be boys. After the pool party, Logan and I went out to dinner to celebrate with Mike and Leanne, two of our most favorite people in the world. We re-introduced them to BJ's since they'd only been there once, and I think they're fans now too.

So since I've been doing all this not-so-secret pre-planning for the past 8 months, I'm excited to finally get to go and SEE all these fantastic places I've been reading about. Tuesday I went with Leah and Marissa to check out Marc Events and The Old Red Courthouse, both of which are front runners. Friday I'm going to see the Magnolia Hotel, Belo Mansion, The Empire Room, and The Stoneleigh Hotel. After just going to the first two places on Tuesday I realize just how fortunate we are to have our friend Marissa's expertise with all the planning. She's been doing interior design and event planning for a while now, but has recently started her own company. (Check out http://www.intrigueinteriorsandevents.com/) She's everything we'd ever want in a wedding coordinator: she's a sweet and honest person, and when I saw her in action on Tuesday I realized that she's not gonna mess around! (Plus, she has great taste.)

It's been an exciting few days, that's for sure! I feel so incredibly blessed to have found Logan. Until I met him, I didn't think it was possible to find everything I'd ever been looking for in one person. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him. And with Len, Lynn, Logan, Lacie, Lyndsie and Leah, I think Lucy and I will fit right in with the Lowry family. :)

And now for the girls, a few more pictures of this ring! :)

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am so happy for you! Congrats! When's the big day?

Lori said...

Congrats again, sweet friend! Let's get together for dinner soon. What's your schedule like the next two weeks or so?

kinsey said...

congratulations to you both! what fun! so have you set a date?!?

Christy said...

I am so happy for you Lorin! I can't wait to see the gorgeous ring in person and hear all about all the wedding plans. I know you are having so much fun. enjoy everything!

K.C. said...

Congratulations!! Too funny your whole new family and yours and your dogs name start with L's! I'm adork for writing that but I'm corky like that! hope to see yall soon!

Anonymous said...

OMG I am so happy for you girl, the ring is beautiful.