Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, May 11, 2009

Its Spring Time, My Favorite Time!

Ahhh, it's finally here!! I LOVE spring. It's not to hot, not too cold, and the best part is there are flowers everywhere. I love stopping at the little flower selling tents that are by my house. A couple of weeks ago I decided to spruce up the front and back porch and buy some pretty flowers. I don't have the greenest of thumbs... in fact, I usually kill plants. I keep trying though, and someday I'll get a plant to live. Anyway, I bought these gorgeous flowers for the front porch, and apparently they need a pretty good amount of sunlight to thrive. No problem. The front porch gets plenty of afternoon light, right? Oh wait, it's been cloudy and raining every single day for the last two and a half weeks! Needless to say, my front porch flowers are dead. At least this time its not my fault. Anyway, here they are in all their glory the day I brought them home. Its too depressing to take an "after" picture of them now, but just picture a limp, wilted, non-floral version of this.
On the other hand, the hanging basket on my back porch is thriving! This type of plant needs to be in the shade, so the bad weather has actually probably helped this guy. The picture is also from the day I brought it home, and now there are even more pink blooms all over it.
Once the rain decides to leave, I'm planning on going back to the flower stand and picking out some new flowers for the front. Meanwhile I'm hoping that all my TLC will bring what I've got back to life. Wish me luck!

No comments: