Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, March 11, 2013

Celebrating 16 Months With His First Happy Meal

What better way to celebrate Knox's 16 month birthday than by introducing him to the wonderful world of Happy Meals?!?
First bite... Not a great smile, but those eyes are amazing!  (How did I get such a blue eyed baby??)

He likes it!  A new McAddict is born!

French Fries.  McDonald's does 'em right. 
He loves it.  Just like Mommy.  :)

















Our 16 month milestones:
  • On February 17, 2013, he started saying "Milk", which sounds like "ilk".
  • On February 23, 2013, he used his first sign language sign, which was "more".  I'd been showing him a few signs off and on for a couple of months, but not consistently.  So I was surprised when he immediately picked it up when I started showing him the signs again.  Now, this is is favorite sign.  He knows he can keep getting more food this way! 
  • On February 27, 2013, he started signing "please".  Always good to have a well mannered baby.  ;)
  • on February 28, 2013 he started saying "Hi", but more importantly, he finally said "mamamama!"  I've waited so long to hear him make that sound, and it was beautiful!  He still doesn't necessarily use it to call me, but I'm just happy that he can make the sound.  :)
He's beginning to be a bit more picky with what he eats.  I think he might be a vegetarian.  (And I'm not kidding.)  He really doesn't want anything to do with meat.  (The McDonald's happy meal is an exception, because let's face it - it's probably not real meat, right?)  Anyway, the boy would eat an entire can of green beans or carrots if I'd let him.  He loves tomatoes, pickles, and olives.  He'll eat any fruit you put in front of him.  But he won't touch eggs or meat!  He's not a fan of sweets either.  It's not a bad thing.  It's just interesting.  :) 

No comments: