Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Happy 4 Months Knox!

On March 11th, Knox turned 4 months old, and he’s a big healthy boy!  :)  At his doctor’s appointment he weighed in at 16 lbs 7 ounces (90th percentile) and was 25.8 inches long (also 90th percentile).  He’s as sweet as can be, and his little personality is coming out a little more every day.  He’s generally a pretty happy guy, but once he’s decided he wants something, he wants it now!  (He’s a little like his Momma that way…) 

He’s still waking up to eat twice at night.  He goes to bed at 7, and has his first feeding around 11, followed by the 3 am feeding, and then wakes up for the day between 6 and 7:30.  He’s still a short napper during the day.  I’m still laying down with him during his first nap because I’m tired too from waking up twice at night!  If I lay down with him, he’ll sleep an hour or two.  If I don’t lay down with him his naps are only 30 to 45 minutes.  Not nearly enough time for me to get much done!  :) 

He also met another big milestone – he rolled over from back to front on March 12, 2012!  That’s a bit harder than rolling over from front to back, so he doesn’t do it as often.  It’s gotten pretty difficult to get him to do any tummy time lately because as soon as I put him on his tummy, he’s already rolling over onto his back.   :) 

Now on to his 4 month pictures!  Look at how big he’s gotten!
1.  Knox 4 months Love that smile.  :)
2.  Knox smiling 4 months 5.  Knox smiling 4 months 6.  Knox 4 months 8.  Knox 4 months Sweet baby feet.  :)
10.  4 month old feet He might have face planted into the bear while I was taking his picture.  Hasn’t quite mastered sitting up unassisted yet.  ;)
12.  Fell over He also discovered how much fun his toes are on March 14th, 2012. 
13.  Knox found toes16.  Playing with toes
Happy boy!!
14.  Favorite Knox 4 months17.  Knox on blanket 4 months 18.  Knox 4 months That smile just melts my heart.  :)
21.  Knox 4 months Playing with the pillow Nonnie made him.  23.  Knox playing with pillow 26.  Knox and pillow And eating his lovie’s face.  EVERYTHING goes into the mouth. 
28.  Knox and lovie Sweet baby hands. 
29.  Sweet hands
So at our 4 month doctor’s appointment, Dr. Crow told us that one reason Knox may not be sleeping through the night yet is because he’s such a big guy, he truly is hungry since breast milk is metabolized so quickly.  She recommended starting him on some rice cereal every night before bed to help keep his tummy a little fuller.  Being as sentimental as I am, I of course cried at the thought of my baby being old enough to start eating real food.  But… being the sleep lover that I am, I was willing to give it a shot.  :)

Ready for my first rice cereal!
32.  Ready for cereal What’s this…
33.  Cereal Not so sure about this…
34.  Unsure
I have to eat more??
35.  Not sure about cereal Maybe it’s not so bad…
36.  Not so bad
Yes, I’ll have more of that!38.  More please39.  Good cereal
Yum!
41.  Yummy
I thought this face was funny.  42.  Funny face
Eating rice cereal is extremely messy, so we finish up the night with a bath, which he loves!
46.  Smiling in tub
Such a little love!
48.  Sweet Knox in tub

No comments: