Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Bump Watch and 4D Sono Pictures!

Things with the pregnancy are moving right along!  My last doctor’s appointment went well, and I passed my glucose tolerance test, so no gestational diabetes for me!  I did have to have an extra ultrasound because apparently I was having some contractions, which I’d passed off as Braxton Hicks.  Fortunately everything checked out okay, and Mr. Knox looked great.  My doctor just told me to slow down and take it easy for a while, which has been pretty much impossible to do since we were in the process of moving, and are now settling into the new house and getting everything organized and set up.  (More on that in another post!)  But the further along I get in this pregnancy, the more I realize that I just can’t physically keep doing as much as I’ve been doing, so I’m trying to tell myself that the house is a work in progress, and everything will get done at some point. 

Knox is moving around like crazy – especially at night when I’m trying to go to sleep.  Wonder if we’ll have a night owl on our hands?!?  Feeling him move around is the craziest thing.  Just about every time I rest my hands on the top of my belly, he literally kicks them off.  Sometimes it’s so forceful it startles me, which then makes me laugh.  It’s also so strange to be able to see my stomach moving when he’s wiggling around in there.  It’s pretty amazing, and I can’t wait to meet this little guy. 

And now for picture updates!

24 weeks  1.  24 weeks 2 days  7-26-11 
25 weeks (and in Cabo!)6.  25 weeks 3 days  8-3-11 26 weeks 1.  26 weeks 1 day  8-8-11
27 weeks  (I had some requests to mix it up and not have only “headless belly shots”.)   So there’s the full view!  1.  27 weeks  8-14-11
28 weeks1.  28 weeks 2 days  8-23-11
29 weeks
1.  29 weeks 2 days  8-30-11 
A couple of days ago we had our 4D ultrasound, and it was absolutely amazing to be able to see what Knox looks like, and watch him move around and even yawn in live motion.  Most of the time he kept his hands up near his face, so it was hard to get many good pictures, but we were able to get a couple.  They gave me a DVD of the entire ultrasound, but I’m having a hard time figuring out how to make a still shot from a video.  Once I figure that out, I’ll post some better pictures, but here’s what we have for now. 

In this picture, you can see his hand and arm up near his face on the right side, and some distortion from the amniotic fluid on the left side, but there’s his sweet little face!  I think he’s beautiful – and I’m not biased at all.  ;)   
Knox 4D  2
This one didn’t turn out as well since I had to take a picture of my computer screen to get it, but I love it anyway.  :)  It’s crazy how in love with this baby I am and I haven’t even met him yet.  I can’t wait for him to get here! Knox 4D
This past weekend Logan and I went to our Childbirth class.  It was actually really informative, and I enjoyed it a lot.  I loved that they taught infant CPR, and Logan did great learning that.  (Yes, I’m a total medical nerd and loved watching my husband do effective compressions.)  At the end of class, they passed out baby dolls to teach everyone how to swaddle and change a baby.  While the teacher was giving directions, I looked over and saw this:
Logan in Childbirth Class
What a natural, right?  ;)

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Lorin,

I came across your first name on a heart blog recently (Miracle of the Heart)and realized by the spelling that it had to be you!

I don't know if you remember us or not, but you cared for our son Anthony at CMC back in '06 (after surgery)and again in '09 (during endocarditis). You were the first nurse to teach us how to administer meds through a PICC line! (Your training was truly beneficial as Anthony has had two more PICCs since then!) We were so saddened to hear you were no longer at CMC, but we loved Medical City when Anthony was receiving his care from Dr. Laird. Your heart kiddos there are so lucky to have you!

Sheradan (I know I must have misspelled her name--I remember it is an unusual spelling) is one of our favorites at CMC and I know you all are friends. I always ask about you whenever we are there. She told me you were expecting a baby. Congratulations! What an exciting time for you.

We will never forget what good care you gave Anthony, our two girls, and the two of us during our hospital stays. We even included a picture of you with Anthony on his CaringBridge page! Please know how much your work means to those you serve.

If you have a chance, let us know how you are. Email is kpherman26@gmail.com or Anthony's CB page link is: www.caringbridge.org/visit/anthonyherman.

We would love to hear from you!

Kathleen (and Ray) Herman
Marshall, TX