Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving 2009!!

This year Logan and I got to have TWO Thanksgivings! We spent Thursday with my family, and Saturday with his family since Lacie had to work through Friday. This was also the first year that I actually contributed any food worth mentioning. :) I know, I know. I'm 28 years old. I should have been bringing food to Thanksgiving dinner a looong time ago. But.... some of us are late bloomers, and at least I started now, right?

At my parent's house I made a Mexican Black Bean salad. Doesn't sound very Thanksgiving-y, and it's not, but it did taste good! Instead of buying anything pre-chopped or pre-prepared, I decided to use my new cooking skills and really go all in. I can't even tell you how long I stood there chopping and mincing things. As a point of reference, the recipe said it should take 28 minutes to prepare. It took me an hour and a half. I think its because I added so much love. Showing off the finished product!
We had so much food! I stole two recipes to take to the Lowry's Thanksgiving: my mom's corn casserole and Jessica's cheesey potato casserole. Both starches, both excellent. (I've been told to bring them to any Lowry family dinner from now on!)
Ross and Jessica also brought their newest family member, Parker. Ross got him for Jessica as an early Christmas present, and he is adorable!! Its easy to tell from the number of pictures I took of him how much fun I had cuddling with him. He still has puppy breath!
Aaaaaahh!! So cute!
Papaw and Logan taking a break to rest their bellies. (Note: typical Logan face.)
Mamaw, Jessica and Ross.
My parents. And yes, my father still holds the record for being able to eat the most rolls at one sitting. (I think this year he cut back and only had 7.)
Sweet Toby watching Parker play in the backyard.
Parker was so tiny he could hardly walk in the grass. It went up to his chin, so it was hilarious watching him try to step over it.
Seriously - is he not the cutest puppy ever?? He looks like a stuffed animal.
Mr. Toby, wearing his Thanksgiving scarf. (Lucy had to stay home this year so Parker would live to see another Thanskgiving...)
The boys, watching the Cowboys game. In other words, a perfect afternoon.
What?!? Ross does dishes?? Jessica has trained him well.
This is how I spent the afternoon - holding Parker and watching the Cowboys game. Again, a perfect afternoon.
As my mom says, "all her kids".

1 comment:

Marcy Gloeckler said...

I love your Thanksgiving pictures, and am sad that I missed you during Thanksgiving. I am going to really try to come to your wedding though! :)