Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, September 26, 2009

I'm very seriously considering a lifestyle change...

I was recently talking to a friend of mine at work who is a vegetarian about a book she'd read that described the treatment of animals at slaughterhouses. I couldn't believe the things she was saying were true - especially that cows and pigs are strung up by their feet, have their jugular cut, and bleed out upside down, often while still conscious. (We don't even do that to enemy prisoners.) Now after seeing it for myself, I'm not sure I can physically eat meat again knowing what it takes to get it on my plate. The sad thing is that even if I stopped eating meat, this treatment would still go on. Everyone knows how much I love animals - no animal should have to go through this, even if it was born solely to feed humans.

Watch this video if you're interested. (If you choose not to watch, it still won't make it untrue.)


Find out more at meat.org.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

was the book called A Diet for A New America? If so, that is the book that caused me to not eat meat for most of high school. I understand it sucks but the best solution, try not to think about it.