Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lowry Family Vacation

Last week Logan and I met his family in Gulf Shores, Alabama and spent a couple of nice, relaxing days celebrating his father's and Leah's birthdays. Leah turns 21 this month, and Mr. Len turned 21 again... for the 37th time. :)

The airport we flew in to was in Mobile, and it was tiny. Not quite as tiny as the plane though. The plane on the way there seated only 50 people, and on the way back it was even smaller, only seating 37. On both planes the left side had just a single seat per row, and the right side had only 2 seats. Xanax for me? Of course. Once we landed in Mobile, we still had to drive for about an hour and a half to get to Gulf Shores. The car we rented was t-i-n-y, but we got there in one piece. Here's a pic of downtown Mobile from the road.
At one point we got to drive under the water (I think) in a super cool tunnel.
Driving shot.
The next day we waited and waited for the storms to pass so we could go down to the beach. We finally thought they were moving away from us, so we took a chance and headed down to the water. I took this picture from our condo balcony on the way down. That's a lot of rain in the background!
See that clear sky?? The sand on the beach was so fine and soft, and the ocean water was actually pretty warm. We found that we could go out in the water and head left and end up on a more shallow sand bar where we could just hang out on our rafts and not get drowned by the waves... for the most part. The next day Lacie and I were out in the water and the Fire Rescue guy sped over on his jet ski and started telling people to get back on the beach. There were huge stingrays in the water that day. I've never seen people run out of the water so fast! Our first day on the beach didn't last too long. The storm ended up changing directions and headed right over the water. Lightning and all. I love how in this picture you can actually see the storm line in the clouds.
Even though they ruined our beach day, the clouds sure were pretty.
Lacie and Leah came back in and relaxed in the jacuzzi tub.
Lacie did a great job on the birthday brownies! They were delicious.
They served double duty that night and we switched out the candles. 21 for Leah!!
Logan, Lyndsie, Sean (Lyndsie's boyfriend) and Lacie hanging out waiting for dessert in the kitchen.
Mr. Len and Mrs. Lynn relaxing in the living room.
The next day was a perfect beach day. Logan and his dad headed out early in the morning and hung out on the sand bar. They are those two little dots in the picture. (Did I mention how far out that sand bar was??) I don't know what I was thinking, but I put sunscreen on everywhere and completely forgot to put it on my face. We were out there all day, and I was wearing my sunglasses without a care in the world. when we came in that evening and I took my sunglasses off, I had the worst sunburned raccoon eyes I've ever had. Bad Lorin.

Here's Orange Beach from our balcony. And the pool.
Later that night we took the Lowry family Christmas picture down on the beach. (I don't have any pictures of that because I got to be in the picture this year!!) But here's Leah, Lacie, Logan and Lyndsie. I love all the bright colors!
Now plus me!
Awww.
Lyndsie and Sean
The girls and Mrs. Lynn.
Logan and his dad.
Logan's parents.
Logan and me, trying to figure out how far down we can go into the water without the waves completely soaking us.
Soon to be The Lowry's! I'm so blessed.
And my new sisters-in-law. Love them all!

No comments: