Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, August 17, 2008

What a depressing day...

I haven't had one like this in a while. One of my patients who has been in heart, liver and kidney failure for a while now spent the day lingering at death's door. She is in so much pain, and its really hard to not be able to do enough to take it all away. One of my other patients was just diagnosed last night with leukemia, so all day long she and her family cried and cried. They had probably 30 family members come visit through out the day, and every time a new one came in they'd have to re-explain what was going on, bringing up all those emotions again.

I also think I'm going to have to take Lucy to the vet tomorrow. She's been having massive diarrhea since yesterday, and she started throwing up today. She's acting like she just doesn't feel good.

My pastor (and my mom's boss for about the last 10 years) also just announced that his wife just found out she has breast cancer. She had a double mastectomy last week, and they thought they'd gotten it all. But when the biopsy came back it showed that the cancer had already spread to her lymph nodes. She'll be doing 8 rounds of chemo (about once a month) over the next year. They are such a sweet and just genuinely good family - I don't understand why things like this happen. Not just to good people, but at all.

I guess that's about it for now. Apparently I'm Debbie Downer of the blogging world tonight. Hopefully I'll wake up on the cheerier side of the bed tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I am so sorry you are having such a bad day. Thinking of you.