Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Whew!

Well it’s been a busy month!  Between work, birthday celebrations (Happy Birthday Jessica!), doctor’s appointments, out of town family visits and bachelorette parties (Congrats Amanda!), it’s been a little crazy around here. 

A few weeks ago we celebrated Jessica’s birthday with the family at Chuy’s.  It turns out the manager there used to be the manager at our local Cyclone Anaya’s and is friends with Logan.  It was good to see him, and he definitely hooked us up.  Anyway, it was great to hang out with family, and some good Tex-Mex and Sprinkles cupcakes didn’t hurt either!

I also met up with some of my high school friends at Studio Movie Grill to see the movie Bridesmaids.  Loved it!  And a few days ago Logan and I went to see The Hangover 2.  I have mixed feelings about it.  I mean, it was funny, but it was the exact same plot as the first.  They could have made at least a little effort to mix it up a bit, right? 

My dad’s brother Steve and some of his family came in to town for their grandson’s high school graduation.  I met up with everyone one day for lunch at the LaPrade family favorite, Highland Park Cafeteria.  (Gotta love their baked squash and zucchini bread!)

And last night I got to celebrate at Breadwinners and Hotel Lumen for Amanda’s bachelorette party.  It was so great getting to see my sweet friends Haley and Christy from Children’s, and also get to hang out with two of my new nurse friends Laura and Mandy from Medical City. 

As for Baby Lowry, all is well!  I just read today that he’s now the size of an onion, and my uterus is the size of a cantaloupe.  (Working my way right through the produce section, aren’t I?)  We had another doctor’s appointment at 15 weeks, and everything is moving right along.  No sonogram this time, but we did get to hear the heartbeat with the doppler.  Such an amazing sound!  Our next appointment is June 22 (my birthday!), and that’s when we’ll do the “big” sonogram, where they take lots of measurements, check out all of the organs, and (if someone cooperates) verify that he’s really a boy. 

I’ve been feeling a lot more like myself lately.  The nausea is pretty much gone, unless I go too long without eating.  When my stomach is completely empty it gets a little upset.  You’d have to ask Logan to be sure, but I feel like I haven’t been having as many emotional meltdowns and mood swings as before.  Apparently my body is adjusting to the raging pregnancy hormones now.  :)  As for food aversions, I’m still not eating chicken – unless it’s in crispy fried form, and since that’s not healthy I try to stay away all together.  And as for cravings, I think I crave more sweet than salty these days.  Luckily I found a Pinkberry Frozen Yogurt nearby, and while it’s not sugar free, it is fat free and way “healthier” than the marble slab I could be having.  (That’s what I’ve been telling myself anyway.) 

I’m really ready to start feeling the little guy moving around in there.  There have been a few times that I think I’ve felt him, but I’m not 100% sure yet.  The books say that this week I may be able to feel movement, but it could also be another 5 weeks or so.  I’m hoping for sooner rather than later. 

We also think we’ve picked out a name!  I’m not quite ready to share it publicly yet though – for a couple of reasons.  The main one is that I’d like to wait until his gender is verified in a couple of weeks before announcing it.  I don’t feel right “officially” naming the baby until we know he’s a he.  The other reason is that even though the name we like doesn’t have any possible nicknames, a relative of mine who shall remain nameless (Uncle Steve) chose to make jokes about it directly to my face.  Yes, I know he was just teasing, and yes, I know he thought he was just making people laugh, but the truth is it was incredibly rude, it hurt my feelings, and a 60+ year old man should know better.  But, I digress.  I’d say we’re about 90% sold on the name.  Logan is 100%, but I take a little longer than most to commit to big decisions.  :) 

Lastly, the weekly belly pics!  My sweet friend Terri from work got me some fun belly stickers that label how many weeks along you are.  They come in 2 week increments, so be on the lookout for those on the even weeks.    

14 weeks:
1.  14 weeks 1 day  5-16-11
15 weeks:
1.  15 weeks 1 day  5-23-11
16 weeks:
2.  16 weeks  5-29-11
17 weeks:
1.  17 weeks  6-5-11 
I also realized I never posted pictures of a couple of baby outfits we have.  I’ve been restraining myself until the gender is confirmed, but I saw this little crab onsie and couldn’t resist it, especially since it was on sale. 
2.  Crab onsie
My favorite part – the crab on the butt!3.  Crab onsie butt
I saw this and knew I had to get it.  The baby will be born right in the middle of football season, and since Logan fully intends to brainwash our child into loving all sports I figured he’d need a Cowboys outfit to wear while he cheers on the ‘Boys.  Here it is with the bib:
4.  Cowboys onsie
And without the bib.  Love those tiny socks!5.  Cowboys onsie
The next outfit is from Aunt Jessica, and I love it!  Especially the little lion hat.  Knowing how much Jessica loves to shop, and how irresistible  baby clothes are, I imagine this will be one well dressed baby!  ;)  
 6.  Animal onsie

2 comments:

kinsey said...

Can't wait to hear his name! And don't worry, when we told my 90 year old grandmother our girl name she said it wasn't cute at all and even told all my cousins--when we weren't around--how much she didn't like it! Ha! We just laughed ;-). I think the name Hank had to grow on some people too. We tend to like names for 80 year old people...ha!

Lori said...

Sorry to hear about your uncle saying those things about your name. I'm sure it will be 100% perfect, whatever y'all choose. Can't wait to hear it!

P.S. We need to go back to Studio Movie Grill again. I had a fantastic time!