Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Balsamic-Glazed Filet Mignon

I recently ventured out in my cooking skills and decided to try my hand at filet mignon.  Luckily, Logan is a dream to cook for since he’ll generally oooohh and aaaahh over whatever I put in front if him, so I knew that even if it wasn’t Truluck’s quality, he’d probably be happy just to be eating steak.  :)  Turns out it was actually very good – and easy!  LOVE my cooking light cookbook Lyndsie got me for Christmas, which is where the majority of my recipes come from.  At Haley’s request, here is the recipe:photo  
Ingredients:
4       (4 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks
1/4   tsp salt
1/4   tsp freshly ground black pepper
Cooking spray
2      tsp bottled minced garlic
1/8   tsp crushed red pepper
3      tbsp dry sherry
2      tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1      tbsp balsamic vinegar
2      tsp honey

1.  Sprinkle both sides of steaks evenly with salt and black pepper.  Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.  Coat pan with cooking spray.  Add steaks to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.  (Mine required much longer than 3 minutes on each side, so I just kept flipping them and sticking the thermometer in them to check the temp.)  Remove steaks from pan; keep warm.

2.  Add garlic and red pepper to pan; sauté 30 seconds.  Add sherry to pan; bring to a boil.  Cook 30 seconds.  Add soy sauce and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.  Reduce heat, and cook 1 minute.  Serve with steaks. 

Yield:  4 servings.  (Serving size:  1 steak and about 1 tbsp sauce.)

Calories 215;  Fat 9.2g;  Protein 24g;  Carb 4.7g;  Fiber 0.1g;  Chol 70mg;  Iron 3.3mg;  Sodium 406mg;  Calc 9.7mg

No comments: