Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, June 14, 2010

Our Wedding Tree...

A friend of mine from work at Children's showed me this idea of The Wedding Tree, and I completely fell in love with it and decided to use it for our wedding day. Guests place their fingerprint on the branches as a leaf and then sign their name around it. It becomes sort of a guest book you hang on your wall.

My good friend Jenny is incredibly artistic and did an amazing job creating the tree for us. She was sweet enough to take pictures of the process along the way. A close up of the fingerprints and names on the finished product. Our Wedding Tree! It's hanging over our fireplace where we can see the names of our guests who celebrated our wedding day with us. Due to the rain on the wedding day, I don't think everyone got a chance to sign the tree since it was located on the porch of Rosine Hall for a good part of the night, but I still think we had a great turn out with the number of "leaves" we got! I just love how our tree turned out. :)

3 comments:

Steffi said...

Hi Lorin,

this is such a nice idea. I really love it and want to do it for my sisters wedding. Can you tell me the size you made your wedding tree?

Greetings from Austria,
Stefanie

Lorin said...

Hey Steffi,

I don't have the exact measurements, but it's about 22x30. When we bought the art paper, we weren't thinking about getting a size that would be easy to find a frame for though, so I ended up having to get it custom framed - which cost $350. So my advice would be to choose a size that you can easily find a frame for to save yourself some money! :) Good luck!

Lorin

希樹 said...

very nice tree!

I am too late to know it...