Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Toby Gets All Snazzed Up

So last week my dad called and asked if I'd do him a favor. He hates the way the groomer cuts Toby's hair and wanted me to groom Toby for him. I took this as a huge compliment! I've been grooming Lucy for over 5 years now, and I think I do a pretty good job for a non-professional. The rescue lady I got Lucy from used to show dogs and currently runs a dog grooming school, so she took me under her wing and taught me how to groom schnauzers since it costs around $80 bucks a pop if I were to pay to have Lucy done. Anyway, I hate the way the groomers do Toby too, so I was more than happy to do him the "right" way. Keep in mind when you see the pictures that it had only been about 6 weeks or so since Toby had been groomed last (by the terrible people). He looks like a rag-a-muffin!
Before:

After:

Would you believe this little guy is 11 years old?? He is the BEST, most well behaved dog. I got Toby when I was 16 years old. I'd begged and begged my parents (well, really it was my dad I had to convince) for a dog for YEARS. After I wore him down, we went and got Toby when he was just a baby. I'll never forget him pooping on Ross on the way home from the breeder's. Hey, when you gotta go, you gotta go! When I left for college, Toby obviously stayed with my parents (I like to say they stole him from me) and he's since become my dad's dog. My dad calls him his "little buddy". He likes to pretend that he'd still rather not have a dog, but one look at the two of them together and you know that's just not true.

Anyway, I enjoyed grooming Toby. He stays much more still than Lucy does and he's 1/8th the size of her so it didn't take long at all. We'll see if they liked my work and ask me back...

1 comment:

kathryn said...

after careful stalking of your blog and facebook (was that juuust creepy enough?), i think our friendship has been delayed long enough.