Monday, July 28, 2008

We Survived Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre

Well, after being cooped up in the apartment for almost two weeks with a broken foot I finally decided I HAD to get out and do something fun, so Saturday night I went to a Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre with Mike and Leanne and some of their friends. I had no idea what to expect - things like this usually end up being either way more fun than you'd expected, or your worst nightmare that just won't end. I'm not sure if it was due to the wine involved, or if it was really that great, but I had a really good time. (Emily, the pregnant member of our group who was obviously not drinking, tells us it was definitely the alcohol that made it more bearable.) Either way, it was entertaining. The actors all overacted... and not that well. I think they thought we were on broadway and therefore yelled all of their lines into the unnecessary microphone. Any time the host wanted to get our attention she produced the loudest blood curdling scream I've ever heard. My ears are still ringing. I thought my food was great - although Emily's vegetarian platter was supposed to be pasta primavera and ended up being a plate of bagged veggies. Not cool for $70. My meal came with a serving of salmon and beef, green beans, rice and a salad. I was really hoping the dessert would involve some sort of chocolate, but it was coconut cream pie, so I had none. Probably for the best. (I lost another 2.6 pounds this week, so my total weight loss is now 14.5 pounds!) I think we all enjoyed it when the "detective" kept blaming DJ for being an obnoxious murder suspect that loves NAMBLA. I mean, all that sounds like a good time, right?? Oh, and between the salad course and the main meal they expected everyone to put on their latex investigation glove and look around the room and in the cubbies for clues as to "who done-it". (Please notice Leanne modeling said glove in the picture.) Stevo got up and investigated, but the rest of us (minus Emily) sat there and enjoyed our drinks while the rest of the room did all the dirty work. I do believe the detective was disappointed in us and needless to say, no one from our table correctly solved the murder.

Now, for your viewing pleasure, I have included a picture of my walking boot - straight off fashion week's runway show for the elderly. Mike and Leanne found it quite humorous watching me hobble in one high heel, and the walking boot. We literally spent at least 10 minutes trying to figure out what shoe looked the least ridiculous to wear with the boot. And this is what we came up with. I had another doctor's appointment today, and after taking the cast off and getting a new x-ray, (and seeing my sad, puny little foot) he decided he wants me to stay off it for another 10 days. So I now have a new cast on, but my same lovely boot.

I'm also posting a couple of new pictures of Lucy. The first one is just a normal posed Lucy, but in the second one she jumped up and ran into my face right as I was taking it. I actually think its pretty cute though. Its a perfect representation of what I see when I wake up in the morning.

Lastly, Logan and I finally have decided on colors to paint the condo, and it is being painted tomorrow and Wednesday. Look for pictures soon!


Mike said...

That definitely wasn't worth the price, but it was nice to be out with people.

Lisa said...

What happend to your poor foot?? Yeah , I bet you were rockin that boot. When my best friend broke her foot in college, we went to a bar a week into it and a car full of guys yelled," that girl said she will kick it with one foot" . At nobody has yelled at you..yet:)