Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas Season, 2011

Merry Christmas!  We had a wonderful holiday season this year, with an extra special little blessing to be thankful for.  :) 

Even though we were still completely sleep deprived and learning how to juggle caring for a newborn with just living daily life, I insisted on a Christmas tree – so we picked one out and had a great time decorating it.  I love how Christmas trees smell when you first bring them home.
24.  Lowry Christmas Tree 2011
My mom got us a really cute ornament for 2011.  :)
22.  Lowry Christmas Ornament 2011 And Knox got his own ornament from Nonnie and Ron Ron too.
23.  Knox's 2011 christmas ornament25.  Tree Star  
Knox is doing a little better tolerating tummy time, but it really just depends on his mood at the time.  I’m completely in love with those chubby cheeks and big blue eyes!1.  Tummy Time 3.  Found my arm 8.  Play time 9.  Play timeA picture with Mom. 1.  With mommy and tree 
His favorite place to be is up on your shoulder so he can look out and see what’s going on. 
3.  Hanging out on mommy's shoulder
 
Uncle Ross came to visit.
4.  With uncle Ross5.  With Uncle Ross
On December 18th, we celebrated Christmas with Logan’s family in Rockwall.  The sheer number of gifts under their tree is something you have to see in person to believe.  :)11.  Lowry Christmas tree 
All the Lowrys.
1.  Lowry Christmas 2011 2.  Lowry Christmas 2011 Our little family of three. 
3. Logan, Lorin and Knox Christmas Picture Moo dressed up for the occasion!
6.  Moo's Christmas Outfit (2)
Somebody got a full tummy and fell asleep… on his chins.  :)5.  Knox sleeping 
Leah getting her turn holding Knox. 
9.  Leah and Knox
Followed by Aunt Lacie.
14.  Lacie and Knox
And then he spent some time with La La.16.  Knox and La La 17.  Knox and LaLa 18.  Knox and LaLa Lacie and Moo took a nap together.  :)
19.  Lacie and Moo sleeping 20.  Fire Pops finally got his turn to hold Knox.
21.  Knox and Pops 22.  Knox and Pops
We had a few days at home to relax between Christmas celebrations. 
1.  Play time
6.  Unsure about sitting up 1.  Knox
He was starting to learn how to smile at this point, but they’re so hard to catch in a picture!  He looks like a little Chinese baby here.  :) 3. Little smile Logan decided to pop Knox’s collar for that tough guy look.  Knox was not impressed.  :) 1.  Tough guy On December 23rd, we celebrated Christmas with the LaPrades at my parent’s house.  Love this picture of Knox on Logan’s shoulder.  2.  Hanging with Daddy My mom was so excited to get her hands on this little butterball!
3.  With nonnie Ross had to stretch out after we ate.  :)4.  Ross and Parker 5.  Logan Lorin and Knox 6.  Gerber cereal for Knox 9.  Knox and Mommy
Cowboys gear for me to match Logan’s old faithful sweatshirt.  I promise he has other clothes…
12.  Cowboys shirt Parker!13.  Happy Parker Mamaw opening her gifts.
15.  Mamaw Another sweet face.  :)21.  Knox And then there’s this sweet face…  ;)
22.  Dad Excited Aunt Jessica sure loves her nephew!25.  Jess and Knox
Waking up on Christmas Eve morning!  Yes, Knox was still having to sleep on my chest at this point in order for any of us to get any sleep.  (I miss that sweet time, so we still take a morning nap this way.)  1.  Waking up on Christmas Eve All dressed up for the Cowboys game!4.  Knox in cowboys gear
How can you not love that sweet face??6.  Knox sitting up in cowboys gear
Christmas Day!
2.  Lowrys on Christmas Day 2011
Knox’s first Christmas!3.  Knox's first Christmas 
7.  Knox in front of tree
We had a great time celebrating Christmas with our families this year, so much so that we did it three times.  :)  On Christmas Day, my parents and Mamaw and Papaw came out to our house for another round of gorging ourselves with food.  Isn’t that what the holidays are about??  Well, that and sweet baby Jesus, of course.  ;)

And once again, so I can keep track of his “firsts”:  Knox first started having little smiles on December 13, 2011.  He really started having big, real smiles on December 22, 2011.  One of my favorite things is when he smiles when he sees me, especially when he’s just waking up.  It completely melts my heart.  I actually teared up the first time he smiled at me.  :)  I just think it’s the coolest thing that he recognizes me and likes me! 

Another HUGE milestone is that on December 28th, Knox slept in his bassinet instead of having to sleep on me!  He has started going to sleep around 10 pm and will sleep between 3 and 4 hours before waking up for feedings.  He goes back to sleep pretty easily until 7 or 8 in the morning, so we’re getting much better sleep these days.  Like I mentioned earlier, I actually miss the snuggle time of him sleeping on me, (and I know he won’t want to do it forever) so we take our morning nap that way.  It’s actually nice because if he’s on me, he’ll sleep for 2 to 3 hours.  If he naps in his bassinet, he’ll only sleep about 30 to 45 minutes.

He’s doing better with his feedings too.  Instead of wanting to eat every hour and a half to two hours, he’s now able to go two and a half to three hours, which is so nice.  I’ve given up on the idea of having a set daily schedule, and instead am striving towards a consistent daily routine.  Things might not happen at the same time every day, but they typically happen in the same order, and I think the consistency working for us. 

He’s definitely growing and changing every day, and I’m really enjoying being able to be home with him right now.   

No comments: