Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, August 21, 2009

Dallas Arboretum Bridal Stroll

Last night the Arboretum had their annual Bridal Stroll where vendors set up their products for you to see and taste! As soon as my dad heard the words "food samples", he was automatically in. No further questions asked. Logan was looking forward to the cake samples, and Whitney, my mom and I were excited about all the flowers.

It ended up being different than what I'd expected - the person at the front gate was confused and sent us on the stroll backwards, so we only got halfway through before they informed us we needed to head back to Rosine Hall, but that's okay. I just really enjoyed seeing our venue again with some different things set up. Surprisingly, there were a lot more flowers blooming this time than when we booked in May, so I took more pictures (of course). I really can't wait to see the place with the spring colors in bloom next April!

Here was one of the tables they had set up in Rosine Hall, where our reception will be. I liked the tall floral centerpiece. The vase is clear so you can see the people across from you, and it has a big pop of soft, full flowers sitting on top.
I also liked this shorter arrangement. There were three separate vases full of orange roses. (Is orange in this season? It seemed to be the theme for the night.)
This is the view when you step outside from Rosine Hall onto the patio. Its hard to see in the picture, but between those trees you can see downtown across White Rock Lake. This is the area where our cocktail hour will be.
A flower bed I thought was pretty on Rosine's porch.
Still standing on the back porch, you can see this covered pergola. They have it set up for a wedding reception since that's an option for people with small weddings, but I think that's where we're going to have our bar set up for cocktail hour.
My sweet mom. Love her!
Gil's had a bar set up, and I thought it was pretty. Gil's is who we are going to be using for the catering. The food samples they had last night were amazing - I can't wait for our own tasting!! (Again with the orange... I actually kind of like it on the bar though.)
Those two cones were brought in for extra lighting after it got dark. It looked pretty cool after sunset. (This is still more patio area that we'll have for cocktail hour and during the reception.)
I was so glad Whitney was able to come! She's one of my bridesmaids, and I just love this girl. She's one of the sweetest people I know.
Another view of the pergola. (Can't you just picture it with a bar underneath? Mmmmm...)
Since we did the stroll backwards, the pictures will be backwards too. Oh well. This is the pathway the guests will walk up on the way from the ceremony to the cocktail hour and reception. Pretty, huh.
Everyone will cross over this bridge, which has more flowers on the right, and a small koi pond on the left.
See the koi pond? Tons of fish!
This is Jonsson Color garden, where Logan and I will get married! They had it set up for the bridal stroll for a wedding that is taking place facing the big tree, but our ceremony will be in a different area filled with flowers.
I was SO excited to see our string quartet there playing! I've heard their samples online, but this was my first time to hear them in person. They are amazing. The music only came to a halt when my dad may or may not have yelled over their lovely notes during the climax of Cannon in D, "SHE'S GOT YOU BOOKED!!!" (I love you dad.) He was so embarrassed after he saw how embarrassed I was. But it got the job done - I got to talk to them and finally meet them in person. They really are great. If you need a string quartet, I'd highly recommend them!
My dad, mom and Logan resting on a bench looking out on Jonsson Color Garden.
THIS is where we're getting married. Logan and I will stand in the center of the horse-shoe shape surrounded by friends, family and flowers! It is beautiful there, and like I keep saying, I can't wait to see all the spring colors in bloom.
Awww, just 7 and a half more months!
This is the other side of Jonsson Color Garden, looking back from where Logan and I will be standing. The whole area is literally surrounded by flowers.
A closer view (from the side) of where we'll be.
More beautiful gardens along the path. Maybe a good spot for bridal portraits?
At the end of the stroll, we stopped and saw this pretty sunset over White Rock Lake. We stayed until the end when they had the drawing for prizes offered by different vendors. We didn't win anything, but they kept passing the food samples. (My dad was pleased.) All in all, I had a really good time. I'm setting up my meeting with my Arboretum coordinator in the next couple of weeks so we can plan they official layout for cocktail hour and the reception. I'm also starting some serious research on DJ's, Lighting, and Florists. Just a few more trips out to the money tree, and it'll all be paid for, right?

No comments: