Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! This is my favorite time of year: the short time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love how festive everything is. I love the Christmas music that you can't seem to escape. I love how friendly people are (except when shopping). I just LOVE Christmas! But before I jump the gun and go in to full-on Christmas mode, I want to post some pictures from Thanksgiving. Seems like Thanksgiving always gets the short end of the stick by being overshadowed by Christmas, so I want to take a minute to appreciate my family. They absolutely mean the world to me. I love them all to pieces!

This year we went to my parents house for Turkey Day. We were lucky to get to have Jessica and Logan with us too! Jessica's family was celebrating in New York, and since she had to work the next day we got to have her with us. Logan's family decided to have their family Thanksgiving on the following Saturday to give all his sisters time to make it back into town, so we got to have him with us too. Mamaw and Papaw came, and of course brought tons of yummy food. It was one big happy family! (Well... most of the time...)

This first picture explains that last comment. My dad was in "Vacation Ron" mode, which means he was more hyper than a kid that just consumed 4 gallons of Coke. Jessica and I were trying to get a picture together, and my dad kept jumping in behind us and squishing between us. After a few times I'd had enough, which is reflected in my favorite picture of the weekend. (Love you, dad!!)
Here's what we finally ended up with when my mom got my dad under control. ;)
Now Ross and Jessica.
Here is a picture of Papaw, Ross and Jessica about to dig in!
Next, I decided I HAD to have a picture of my dad's plate. My dad is a metabolic mystery. The man can consume an unimaginable number of calories and never gain an ounce. It is increadibly frustrating for the rest of us. Anyway, every year he loads his plate up - at least twice - and this year I got a picture of the first round. He looks a little scary in this picture, but he's just really excited about eating. Oh, and apparently we should be proud of him. He "only" had 6 rolls, one piece of apple pie, and two servings of my 4 layer dessert. This is an improvement!After lunch comes my favorite part of the day - the Cowboys game and nap time.

Logan and Toby dozed off waiting for the game to start. Who doesn't love that dog??
Later that night we played the new edition of Trivial Pursuit that Logan and I bought. That didn't last long though. Jessica and I gave up on it, so we played Battle of the Sexes instead. (Great game, by the way.) After that was Scattegories, my favorite game.
Lucy chomped on her bone and ignored everyone, as usual.
And Toby was still worn out from the hours of stalking the kitchen for dropped food.
The next morning my mom made her world famous homemade pancakes. Mine were shaped like Mickey Mouse because she loves me... and I'm spoiled. ;)

I hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

The Milams said...

Just found your blog thru Kinsey's. Loved reading about you guys. I met Logan my freshman year at Baylor and my husband was a Sigma Chi with the rest of those crazies!