Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Happy 11 Months, Knox!!

Such a big boy!!  We've got lots of new milestones this month, as always!

On September 13, 2012, he started standing on his own without holding on to anything for short periods of time.  He's so proud of himself when he does this!  Just one step closer to walking!

I love this picture of him.  When did he grow up???

On September 15, 2012 I noticed him correctly stacking his plastic ring toys onto their pole.  I had no idea he could do that, but I just so happened to catch him practicing it.  (He hangs out in this pack and play while I shower every day.)  I peeked in on him and caught him doing this.  I was so impressed!


On September 22, 2012 his bottom third tooth, just left of the center one, started poking through. And on September 30, 2012 his fourth bottom tooth started showing up - this one just to the right of the center ones. Love that toothy grin! :) That same day he also started doing this funny thing where he makes the "dada" movement with his mouth, but no sound comes out. I guess he was just practicing until he was really ready, because on October 1, 2012 the sound came! He'll say "dadada", and also started clapping his hands on his own. So cute!

On October 2, 2012, I noticed him trying to see what objects fit into other objects.  He tests this with everything.  So he loves stacking cups inside each other, or putting toy balls into the cups.  He also now loves falling asleep up on my shoulder with his face in the nook of my neck.  I love that so, so much. 

Look at those chubby feet!
On October 14, 2012 I noticed that he loves using his high chair as a walker.  He'll grab ahold of it and use it to walk across the kitchen... and anywhere else he can get it.  He's also really jabbering more.  Lots of "dadada" and the "tuh", "ssss" and "ga" sounds.  On October 20, 2012 he added "yayayaya" to the mix.  Cutest voice in the world!
 
On October 23, 2012, he took 4 small steps by himself!!  He went from holding onto the fireplace to walking over to me!  And on October 25, 2012 he took 3 small steps to the couch by himself.  Also, while we're in the car I've seen him watch himself in the mirror sticking out his tongue.  He's also learned how to "help" me put his dirty clothes away in the hamper.  Hey, start 'em young, right?!?  Back to the walking though, on October 26, 2012 he was officially walking consistently, 5 to 7 steps at a time, and by the 28th, he was gaining confidence and didn't have to have us there to catch him. So proud of this guy! 


As of October 30, 2012, his favorite foods are by far Cheerios and mandarin oranges.  The boy could (and probably would) eat an entire box of Cheerios if I'd let him, and he inhales those mandarins!  His eyes just light up when he sees me getting them ready.  At least they're healthy, right??

Here he is reading.  :)  Loves his books. 














On November 9th, 2012, Knox got his first haircut!!  Of course I took a ton of pictures, so I'll do an entire post about that, but he really did great!  We went to a kids specialty haircut place, and they were really sweet with him. 


This picture was from after church today at El Chico for lunch.  Happy guy!
I can't believe it's already time to start planning this man's first birthday!  

No comments: