Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, July 22, 2011

Oh, Baby!

Some more good news to report since the last update:  the fetal echo went well!  Everything checked out perfectly with the little guy’s heart!  I can’t thank Dr. Tim Thomas enough for offering to do the exam for us, and in turn giving me some piece of mind. 

I also had another doctor’s appointment yesterday and everything is looking good.  My blood pressure was actually back to normal for me – 98/54.  (Last time it was up to 114/76, which for me is high.)  I’ve been having some right hip and right lower back pains, but according to the doctor they’re just normal pregnancy pains.  I did finally break down and buy one of those giant c-shaped pregnancy pillows and it’s actually helped a lot.  Granted, it’s about the size of a kindergartener and it’s not easy to adjust positions once I’m “in” it, but it’s solved the problem of my waking up at 4 am every night, so in my opinion it’s the best invention ever.    

As for the baby, he’s growing and moving all around.  I finally knew I was feeling him move around 20 weeks or so, but it was nice to be able to confirm it during the fetal echo – I’d feel something move and be able to watch it happen on the sonogram at the same time.  His movements are getting bigger and stronger, and if I’m sitting still you can see little movements on my tummy.  Crazy.  Logan has also been able to feel him move a few times now, and that makes me happy.  Every day when I come home from work, he asks me “How’s the little guy?” and pats my belly.  It’s really sweet. 

Based on yesterday’s sonogram, little man now weighs 1.8 lbs, which is the 55th percentile.  Not bad!  The sonographer printed off a couple of pictures for me yesterday:

His sweet face.
4.  Better face
Yep, still a boy… still showing it off.  1.  Still a boy
His hand and arm.  6.  Hand 
A tiny foot.
3.  Foot 
And for the weekly bump updates, here’s 21 weeks.1.  21 weeks  7-4-11
22 weeks.
1.  22 weeks 7-10-11

23 weeks.  2.  23 weeks  7-17-11
I was really dreading the weigh-in at the doctor’s office yesterday, but it turned out alright.  (I’m still not convinced there wasn’t something wrong with their scale… but it was in my favor so I kept my mouth shut!)  People at work keep telling me I’m all belly, and that’s encouraging to hear.  My close friends are a little more straightforward and tell me I’m all belly and boobs, which is way more accurate.  I’m already in my second new bra size, and really giving Dolly a run for her money.  I told Logan the other day that I can’t see my toes… but it’s not because of my belly…

In other news, we ordered the nursery furniture!  We’ll have a crib, 6 drawer double dresser that will also serve as a changing table, a nightstand, and a super comfy glider/recliner.  The store actually had the chair on display in the fabric we chose, so I snapped a picture.
1.  Chair
I love it, and look forward to spending plenty of time there with a sweet little one in the near future!

No comments: