Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, October 4, 2010

Dad’s Birthday Dinner

DSC01931 A few years ago, I started the tradition of taking my dad out to a nice steak dinner every year for his birthday.  This man loves steak as much as I do (which is a lot…) and it’s something he will never buy for himself, which makes me even happier to do it for him. 

This year we went to Capital Grille downtown, which was fabulous as always.  We both got the 10 ounce Filet Mignon with mashed potatoes, asparagus, and green beans for our side dishes.  I was worried about being able to take down a 10 ounce steak, but my dad assured me he’d have no problems.  Apparently back in his younger years he ate an entire 40 ounce steak in one sitting.  (Yes, I thank God every day that I inherited this man’s metabolism.)  Since we were celebrating and all, we rationalized that we “deserved” dessert, so I had the chocolate hazelnut cake, and he had the cheesecake. 
DSC01933 DSC01932  Happy 60th Birthday, Dad!  Start thinking about where you want to eat next year…

No comments: